Wednesday, October 21, 2015

New Camera

I bought a new camera to take on our upcoming trip: Sony Cybershot DSC-HX400V with a 50x telephoto and 20.4 megapixels. Standing in the same spot, I took these four photos, using the telephoto extended about as far as it will go. The final one, with the lens extended completely, is grainy. I have no illusions about myself as a photographer and don't hope for more than one good shot out a trip - this camera should help.  I'm having fun learning the cameras features and so far I'm enjoying it. The batteries run out in a hurry. I guess from all the zooming in and out. 



1. Note the stem sticking out close to dead center.

2. Zoomed in.

3. Closer.

4. Closest

Unzoomed

Closer



Closest.

I took this photo from the deck this morning. The fog was swirling around and the three oaks in the distance would be visible one minute and then smothered in fog the next. The nice thing about taking photos is the fact that you pay attention to things around you that you usually take for granted. 

1 comment:

  1. You're brave to get a new camera before your trip. But it sounds like you're learning how to use it.
    Barbara

    ReplyDelete