Sunday, December 01, 2013

Fuser Studio



A world famous muralist, Mr. Fuser was just recovering from surgery when we visited his studio. The place is a riot of mosaic fantasies. 

Surrounded by the wild colors and shapes, I got a bit dizzy but the mild discomfort was worth experiencing the marvelous swirl of the whole place. A little like a circus ride and the Gaudi Sagrada Familia in collision with aspects of the Watt's Towers tossed in.

The Cuban art we saw in galleries was mostly abstract. I loved the bright colors and whimsy, but I couldn't live with most of it on a daily basis. I've found I like bare walls, they are less distracting and this could have something to do with my vestibular nerve and wavering horizon. The blank spaces are calming. 


My own souvenier art purchase was a portfolio of antique cuban cigar bands and a few pieces of cigar box art. I'm enjoying researching each of the cigar brands; as there are over one hundred, I could be busy with this for some time. 



3 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:30 PM

    Great blog as usual remind me to tell you my cigar story. Beth C

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool.And sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I covet those cigar labels. Of course, we have a few here amongst our stash of stuff, wouldn't you know.
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete