Monday, February 04, 2013

Publicity Macey eats Geriatric Chicken

William and Felicity
Richard was telling me about an interview he heard on NPR with William H. Macey. "Did they talk about his wife?" I asked. "Yes" he replied "She works in publicity." "Publicity?" said I "Isn't she an actress?" FELICITY, he exclaimed. "Why on earth would you think her name might be Publicity?"

What we need
Later that evening, we were out to dinner when he told me he was ordering the "geriatric chicken". "They actually have that on the menu?" I asked in wonderment,  musing about the marketing benefits of so definitively positioning a product. Finally, after I rambled on a bit, he realized what I thought I heard and did one of those coffee spurt laughs saying TERIYAKI chicken, not geriatric chicken.



That very day we were at the audiologists office where I received my new Bi-Cross Phonac hearing aids. There's a tiny microphone in one ear and a receiver in the other. Technically it should reduce or eliminate the head shadow we single-sided hearing people experience. I find it's helping me a tiny bit so far but might be exacerbating the *&^%^&tinnitus. I didn't expect miracles but thought the expensive device would be better than it is. So far.


3 comments:

  1. That's one of the many things I like about you, Helen. You make even something like a hearing problem funny. And that was really funny! (Except the part about the tinnitus exacerbation)
    Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't that just the way with medicine. It never delivers like we think it should. It's sooooo frustrating. Let's hope yours will slowly but surely work better than it is now.
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha ha enjoyed that and the cartoons accompanying them are apt.

    ReplyDelete