Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Dying for Chili

Everyone and his dog has written a cook book; I see recipes from the most unlikely sources. This morning Richard declared that he was dying for chili - then he whipped out this Allen Brother's Mortuary Black Bean Chili recipe from today's paper.

I wonder if they chose to use Black Beans because they're more funereal and sober than the more commonly used, riant kidney bean? Perhaps mentioning an organ, like "kidney" would be in bad taste for a mortician/chef?

I guess we should be thankful they didn't mention topping it with sliced avocados or guacamole. Some publicity you can do without. 













1 comment:

  1. I see you're slipping "riant" into every conversation !!!!
    What a coincidence. Nancy made chili last night for our guest from Texas.
    It wasn't Allen Brother's chili though. Oh, those Allen Brothers...what will they think of next. Such a clever idea for an ad. It makes me want to get cremated.
    Barbara
    P.S. that reminds me of what my boyfriend used to say..."ah, the ad man's art!"

    ReplyDelete