Monday, January 31, 2011

Under my nose


Walking on my treadmill this morning, I looked out and saw another gorgeous day dawning in Fallbrook:


I'm not a very good photographer. Fiddling with the focus, I got my usual results -  never once have I successfully captured the beauty of the patches of fog tucked here and there in the hills. 









Still looking at the big picture I almost missed what was right under my nose.



So I got closer...





And when I moved my camera to the right a little, I saw this.


The spider web was glistening and beautiful like a wedding veil draped over the jasmine. A good photographer could have done something with this subject.

For me, the camera served to draw my attention to something lovely I would have missed. I stood outside and admired the web until the angle of the light changed and the whole construction seemed to vanish from view.  



4 comments:

  1. It was a beautiful morning. I woke up at 5:30 and started taking shots of the fog on Gavilan and Red Mountain. You are looking down to where I live on the river in one of these shots.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous1:07 PM

    Love the shot of the spider web. Looks like a lovely, lacy crocheted mantilla. beautiful shot.
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love spider webs and that one is gorgeous.
    Barbara

    ReplyDelete