Friday, August 20, 2010

Yesterday was sweet

In the south they drink very sweet iced tea and refer to it as Sweet Tea...which is pronounced Sweetea, like it's all one word. In Steel Magnolias, Dolly Parton refers to Sweet Tea as the "house wine of the south". More information is available in this good Slate article about sweet tea written by Jeffrey Klineman. I'm working on a zero calorie version of this product. Because it's cloyingly sweet to me, I can only taste a couple of samples an hour taking a break between sessions to suck on a lemon, sing Sugar Sugar (Archies)
and drink plenty of water. In the middle of the night I woke up with a sweet taste in my mouth, realizing that there's a label declaration problem prohibiting a zero calorie claim! How amazing that the brain works away at things (in this case Title 24, Code of Federal Regulations) even while you are asleep!  I wonder if it had something to do with the fact that my tasting mechanism was still at work.

It appears that I've dreamt myself out of a job. Another first.








No comments:

Post a Comment