Monday, January 04, 2010

Lunch with the Pressnells

Sharon asked me up for tea today and I arrived at lunch time! How inconvenient for them and what a bonanza for me. I'd been working on the house scraping, tired, hungry and dirty. They had had left overs from Sharon's 70th birthday party. She was wearing the cutest pink jeans that Gail bought her as a present. She made ham sandwiches and tea plus they had a lot of goodies left over from the holidays. She serves tea in a beautiful pot and uses her gorgeous tea cups. So lovely. It's sort of like ascending to heaven from the work hell, when I go up there.

They talked about the big 70th party - lots of the kids and grandkids attended and they all had a lot of fun. Gail threw the party and took care of everything - he was surprised at how much work it all was even though he got a lot of help from others. This reminds me of Jim who hosted the bridge party once after Eilleen died. Too much work. I don't think he's ever done the Sunday Supper. Eilleen used to do it at least once a year if not more.

Gail was quite amusing and made some funny remarks during our lunch. He was also very conversant which is odd for him.
He's full of surprises.

No comments:

Post a Comment