Sunday, December 27, 2009

Pinkie



Cruising up to the rancho at a good clip, I enjoyed seeing the sun on slopes. I pretend I don't see the wire fencing along the road that has giant holes in it from crashes. The mountains in the distance were back lit, blue and moody looking. Will I ever get accustomed to Christmas without the cold part?

After the deck was completed, the lazy workmen threw all the small bits over the edge and there was pieces of wood scattered all over. Once I arrived, I realized I didn't have a wheelbarrow or something to collect the wood scraps in so I turned the SUV into a dump truck, filling up the back with pieces of lumber, driving up to the trash bin, emptying it and driving back. Because challenging my sense of balance helps me get my brain reset, I actually enjoy this kind of work. Yes, I stumble, fall and slide but I'm working on the grove floor which is piled up with 20 years of leaf litter, like a deep, fluffy blanket. The falls aren't serious.

Pinko kept me company, resting between bouts of lizard chasing. It turned out to be a nice day for working hard. Not too warm and not cold enough that it was uncomfortable. After 1/2 hour of work, I took off my jacket and worked in a sweat shirt.

We worked until about 3:30, Pinko chasing lizards, Richard spraying and me picking up junk. At home, we had our turkey soup, a nice salad including pomegranate seeds from the garden, an Asian pear, onions and arugula and Shari's garlic bread made from Pillsbury biscuits.

GARLIC BISCUITS
Ingredients:
1 large can regular biscuits
1 cup Parmesan cheese kraft
2 tablespoons garlic powder or granulated garlic
1 teaspoon - optional add herbs ( rosemary) or (basil, oregano)
¾ stick of butter, melted

Directions: Cut biscuits into quarters (1/4ths). Set aside. In small bowl or ziplock bag, combine Parmesan cheese and garlic. Toss biscuit pieces into Parmesan garlic mixture to coat surface completely.. Place coated biscuit pieces in prepared bundt pan (lightly spray with nonstick Pam). Layer biscuits into pan and then pour melted butter over top. Bake for 30 minutes at 350° F.



Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment