Friday, December 04, 2009

My expensive sink redux

I was at the wholesale appliance store yesterday talking to the plumbing guy. I told him about my sink - paying so much to have plumbing and electrical to the island and feeling I should invest in a fancy sink. When I told him about the $1200 job I was considering he was sort of smirking. So I asked - "what's funny?" And he said - "you wanna see expensive sinks?" And he handed me a catalog full of incredible sinks. They were pieces of art and surely people don't really use them to wash dishes and such ordinary tasks. Some were beautifully etched, unusual shapes, some with precious stones. $1200 would be "entry level", as they put it, in the sink game.

I visited William at the cabinet shop yet again. We are drawing closer to the finish line.

No comments:

Post a Comment