Saturday, July 25, 2009

Pavers

The short wall at the side of the house is complete. Guats have been up to place gate poles. Chevo is setting the concrete forms and today the facia should be placed on the wall and the front of the house. I'm struggling with the pavers, trying to get the right mix of shapes and colors. Yesterday I spend four hours in the rock yards talking to paver guys about laying and figuring out what we need. After this is all done, I will probably miss these excursions because I learn a lot..more than necessary.

Already the outside of the place looks better...as dirt and debris disappeared. Richard removed every single scrap of it and the
concrete guys are looking at a clean slate.

There's a charming woman/clerk working at SouthWest boulder. I thought a woman owned it because she is always around and hosts the seminars they hold from time to time. I learned that she and her husband own the place - the clerk told me the woman owner is very nurturing of everyone. For instance, she said, "If she hears someone cough she'll ask if you need a cough drop." Apparently she carries everything in her purse, like June Pierre who could perform a tracheotomy in a restaurant if necessary with the various tools and gimcracks she toted around.

I love to wake up early on these summer mornings when the house is still cool, the yard is full of birds but not a peep from a human; not a slamming door, or a mowing machine or voices from a pool.
Marco, Polo. I hate that.

No comments:

Post a Comment